Sunday, July 25, 2010

Standing in Awe

Standing in Awe




Saturday, July 24, 2010

12:23 PM



Today is ten days out from surgery. But it seems like a year. It seems so much has happened in a week that I can't even fathom that a whole month hasn't passed by. My body is weary. My emotions are all over the place but I am still standing.



I was sitting here in the quiet the other day when Olivia was in surgery thinking about how awesome God is to each and every one of us. You know, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought we would have so much support, prayer cover and love extended to us through this journey in our lives. We have been thrown out of the waiting area twice because we had too many people here with us. Wow.



But the wow is in the oneness (I know it is not a real word) of the body of Christ. You all seem to be in such unity to pray for my precious daughter and that unity has to please our Heavenly Dad. I can see him on His throne listening with a smile upon his face that his children were agreeing in prayer. He is so proud to send forth those warring Angels on Olivia's behalf. Because, so many have laid down their lives to pray for this one girl . You have stopped and whispered her name to him, some of you have fasted for days as you prayed a hedge of protection, healing and love around her, some of you have herald the trumpets of prayer to all of your lists and some of you have physically surrounded us with a hedge of love and protection that has held up our arms while we are in this room standing vigil over our precious little one. The body working in one accord, a strand not easily broken. What a beautiful picture.



My heart is full of the humbleness of how blessed we have been. I know every moment I have not been sane but I know that I have been able to watch over Olivia and walk through this without much sleep because I have been held up. What an awesome God we serve that binds us together in one accord, in love, and reaching out beyond our own lives because our hearts are bigger than ourselves. I love all of you for that. What a precious gift it has been in my life and I will never forget that outpouring of love. My cup truly runs over. Today the Lord's Prayer seems the best picture to me:



Psa 23:1 A Psalm of David. Jehovah is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.

Psa 23:3 He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Psa 23:5 You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.

Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah forever.



Today as I ponder this life and write out my thoughts, this is where my heart is besides next to Olivia's bed side….because I am in awe of God, awe of my friends and in awe of the power of prayer.



In His Grip

Barb

6 comments:

Miranda Riley said...

You are such a blessing. These trials are here for exactly this reason...so that others are able to see your faith stay so strong during something so difficult. God is not done with Liv yet. He has so much witnessing that He wants to do through y'all during these moments. He couldn't have chosen better people either. I love y'all so very much.

Donna VanLiere said...

How you write so beautifully there is beyond me! What an honor and privilege to pray and fast for your Olivia. Still praying for all of you.

Wendy said...

Echoing both posts and adding my own. Your words are precious. The destiny on Liv is so strong - and you know that. How you are able to do what you are doing is another miracle you all are receiving. It IS an honor to pray for you my friend. It is an honor to watch you and watch the Father's hand on you. I know you are feeling blessed, but you are also being a blessing. So glad we get to share this with you.

Dorothy said...

Be assured of our prayers... all the way from Melbourne Australia.
Your far away friend
Dorothy :)

Edwina said...

I have been keeping up with Olivia's progress through Ane. Wanted you to know that I am praying for Olivia, you and your entire family. God is in control!

journeystojoy.net said...

Experience has taught me that nothing - NOT ONE THING - touches our lives without going through the hands of our Blessed Redeemer, Savior and King, first. Yes, I am praying for Olivia and am asking God to heal and protect but most of all I'm asking Him to be Glorified through Olivia and her family and the lives they lead AFTER going through this! May you sense His Holy Presence next to that bedside you talked about and may you find peace and rest in His Precious arms during this test in His Waiting Room